Discussion around passing credentials
- to an enactor (specifically the OSGi platform)
- to the Taverna Server and
- from the Taverna Server to its enactors
Major issues appear to be:
- How to cope with multiple credential managers (one per run) in a single OSGi platform
- Note that different users will almost certainly be running on different platforms
- How to deal with security "poking" activity types such as caGrid
- Where/if to store credentials when submitting a workflow to a server/portal
- Possible need to keep credentials somewhere so that users can start runs e.g. from a phone
- Danger/worry of keeping credentials
Note that BouncyCastle is available as an OSGi bundle.
- Alex to work on passing credentials to the command line tool (which is the current basis for the server)
- Donal to put in "glue" for credentials between the server and the command line tool. The API for passing the credentials to the server already exists.
- David to continue working on porting the activity types into the OSGi platform.