This page is outdated and might refer to SVN repositories at Google Code.
Apache Taverna 3 source code is available at http://taverna.incubator.apache.org/download/code/
Taverna 2 source code is available at https://github.com/taverna/
NOTE: Google Code will shut down in 2016 - see an archived SVN tree at https://github.com/taverna/taverna-svn/
Note that historic source code (Taverna 1) is archived in our SourceForge CVS repository- any Taverna 2 related modules in CVS (like
A copy of the SourceForge CVS repository is available at https://github.com/taverna/taverna-svn/tree/master/archived/cvs2svn-2008-09-25
- http://taverna.googlecode.com/svn/ - Official Taverna Subversion repository - browse
- http://mygrid-labs.googlecode.com/svn/ - Experimental/3rd party work built on Taverna - browse
- http://taverna-plugins.googlecode.com/svn/ - (Legacy repository) for Taverna plugins browse
Checking out Taverna from source
|Checking out the source|
Follow the Checking out Taverna source code, compiling, running and debugging tutorial for a step-by-step guide on how to check out, build and work with Taverna's source code.
Basically all the source code for a Taverna Workbench Build is organized below the
/taverna folder. The top-level folders are:
/taverna- The source code for Taverna and supporting libraries
/unsorted- New/experimental modules that are not yet sorted inside
/wiki- Back-end for the Taverna Google Code wiki pages (not used)
/taverna folder is organised by category, which again contain individual Maven projects. The projects have "full" names like
net.sf.taverna.t2.core, reflecting their Maven groupID, and have the Subversion standard trunk/branches/tags folder structure:
This structure makes it possible to release each of these projects independently, as they will have their own version numbers and tags/branches. As there's about 20 of these projects, they are again organised into main categories:
- parent Common Maven parent POM that says how to compile, deploy, etc
- utils Independent utilities that are not really Taverna-specific
- engine Workflow engine, including infrastructure (raven/plugin manager) and the standard activities
- compatibility Support for loading Taverna 1 workflows
- ui User interface for Workbench
- products End-products packaging based on all of the above, such as the Taverna Workbench or Taverna Command Line.
- dev Maven archetypes, XML schemas
- builds Virtual build trees for all of Taverna - if you prefer to check out everything at once
See the documentation about Maven modules for further details about the content of these categories.