Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
  • Day: Tuesday, 13th May 2008
  • Time: 10.00
  • Room: Atlas 2

Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Apologies

Stian 

Attending and Minuting

attending: Carole, Katy, Marco, Jits, Stuart, Paolo, David, John, Alex, Constantinos, Alan, Baharati, Ian, Tom

Minuting: Franck

Actions from Previous Meeting

  • Marco: Notes on Bioassist meeting to be circulated: completed
  • Marco: Conclude all portal work with Stuart: not sure what that means
  • Marco: Set up data meeting: rewrite in a new action
  • Antoon: Set up Bio Group meeting: not here
  • Carole: Choose attendee for All Hands meeting (NESC meeting in July 17-18) : ongoing
  • Tom: Forward email from caGrid to Alex  ongoing : ongoing
  • Stuart: Sort out travel/hotel arrangement for OMII-UK face 2 face : completed
  • Stuart: Check if Tom needs hotel in Southampton  :completed
  • Alan: Ask Neil about paper publishing metric  :Neil needs more info ... transformed in a new action
  • Stuart: Bump selected stories to next iteration :ongoing
  • Stuart: Announce daily IRC chat (16:00) to myGrid list :Stuart will send a email around again
  • Stuart: Book room for Moteur visit: completed
  • Paolo: Check with Katy if Johan has booked room in a hotel:  completed

OMII Operations and Management

Discuss the board meeting next Friday
Evaluated F2F in Southampton. The general view is that it all went all. few stuff to point out:
 -The end was a bit rushed
 -Some session were very rushed through. e.g OMII Authz
As a result the next F2F meeting will be spread in 2 days.
We need someone to follow up different activities started during the F2F meeting
Carole expects the person not to be Tom as he is leaving soon.
Carole: how do we behave for people contributing our codes?

T2 Progress Overview

Review of the progress of the first iteration. Most of the issues were completed.
A meeting is set today to decide the issues for the second iteration

Report back/Upcoming from Team A

Paolo: writing queries and testing them.

Report back/Upcoming from Team B

Jits: working on packs
Took part of the BioCatalogue kick off meeting
Jits did some admin stuff for Biocatalogue.

Report back/Upcoming from Team Frog

Alan: Instance Soap not delivered yet... hopefully by the end of this week
WORKFLOW monitor goind well but needs a new name according to Tom
myGrid posters sent away.
The website style needs some more work
What do we do with the old workflow repository?

Report back/Upcoming from Team Tom

nothing to report

Report back/Upcoming from Training, Outreach and Curation

Katy: took part of Biocatogue and ONDEX kick off meeting
She is organising Rob Procter Taverna training.
She is going to the metadata workshop in Australia
Franck: selected a number of web services to annotate for the biocatalogue meeting
He's managed to annotate REST, BioMoby, Soaplab and WSDL services. Currently annotating using Microsoft word.

Report back/Upcoming from BioAssist

Marco: New project BIORANGE coming soon 23-24/June
Made progress on security issues with the Grid.
New chair of the BioAssist core will start soon

Round-table from Floating Team Members

Upcoming Milestones/Cross Team Scheduling Issues

Support Hat and JIRA Review (alternate weeks)

Handover from Ian/Stian to Alan.

Upcoming Meetings

Martin Senger (Wednesday).

Jeremy Cook (29th - 30th May).

Katy: Metadata meeting in Australia

ALL hand meeting: Not sure who is going yet

Provenance meeting 23-may in Edinburgh: Paolo is going

Funding News

SYSMO project

Any Other Business (AOB)

Minuting for the Next Meeting

Ian

Previous/Next Minutes

Previous meeting: 2008-04-29

Next meeting: 2008-05-20

(Remember to create the next meeting page and copy over the actions. Go to myGrid meetings and do Add Content -> Add Page. If you create it by clicking from here then the this page will be the parent and the new page won't be listed from myGrid meetings. If that's the case, you can click Edit next to the Location to change the parent to myGrid meetings.)

Labels