Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
  • Day: Tuesday, 10th June 2008
  • Time: 10.00
  • Room: Atlas 2

Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Apologies

Carole, Barathi

Attending and Minuting

Minuting: Paolo

Actions from Previous Meeting

  • Stuart, Paolo: arrange data meeting with Marco

Marco to ask BioAssist users to connect on a weekly basis.  Paolo to share the discussion with Jun (ESWC) with Marco as initial input. Paolo proposing to have an initial e-meeting

  • Stuart: Discuss with Constantinos the guidelines for people contributing to Taverna's code

ongoing action. Constantinos proposes to post guidelines on a web page. Stuart more worried on how to handle contributions using a sound internal process. Need to clarify the status of contributions that Matthew has made. Matthew may have to sign a CLA. Main issue is with the Data Manager. Tom makes a distinction b/w/ copyright and IP. The latter consists of all contributions from eg he mailing list. So myGrid does not have exclusive IP on Taverna.

  • Tom:  e-mail design/thoughts on activity palette

obsoleted by recent internal chat.

  • Stuart: wiki page to list T1 artifacts and comment "clean, unclean, old mygrid, external"
  • Stuart: set up Taverna developer workshop, based on the conversation had on "webinars" and so on.

Tom to provide a list of people to invite. Tom has a list of people but no formal invitations. It's basically people who have been writing code. Constantinos to sort out the list

  • Alan: look at help string details Ian added to the wiki

done

  • Tom: write a beanshell/local worker story

mis-interpreted, disregard

  • Ian: post latest ideas/progress of Google student to mygrid lists

done

  • Alan: ask Phil or Matt to come to Manchester to explain the purpose if Instant Soap and demo it to us

not to be done in the near future. Alan giving up on trying to get Phil / Matt to sort out the behaviour of Instant Soap. They just say the current behaviour is acceptable.

  • Stuart and Tom: Talk about activity palette (weds 2pm)

OMII Operations and Management

Tom: not much to report 

General T2 progress

Today official end of iteration. Close to being done with currently planned features. Stian discussion on 'undo' features. Stuart -- discussion on the activity palette and how useful it actually is. Case for not putting BioMoby objects in the actitivity palette. Marco asks to clarify diff. b/w processor and activity. Carole had asked for packs support. Tom says they are basically done through queries. Stuart: The issue is in presentation to user. Data manager nearly on target (Tom). Commit to core expected by end of week.

Report back/Upcoming from Team A

Paolo: reporting on state of work with Norman. Still writing documents, and it's getting late. Recent SIGMOD paper raises concerns about timeliness of our own work. IU (girish) to connect T2 with Karma and obtain provenance for T2 that way. 

Report back/Upcoming from Team B

Implemented new features to packs. Ability to add to packs especially. Quick-add boxes from favourites. Also Taverna plugin development. integrated the WHIP plugin. Exposing packs as ORE objects that can be exported. Question on attachments: useful for ISMB demo? how high on priority? Attachments assume that users upload a new resource (file) explicitly. Tom suggests simplifyng the user operations by using defaults. Avoid users having to make a distinction between "reference" and "value". Users should not see the diff.

Report back/Upcoming from Team C

Alex report from OGF:  various grid standards in work. Emerging: usability issues: adapt grids to people, rather than the other way around. Plumbing should be invisible.  

Report back/Upcoming from Team Frog

Barhathi workin on the InstantSoap and Soaplab, limited success with the former, doc. too intricate for Soaplab 2 -- Tom says the doc is ok, but Alan says she found it very complicated. Website gone off-track, Alan distracted by grant proposal duties. 

Report back/Upcoming from Team Tom

nothing to add 

Report back/Upcoming from Training, Outreach and Curation

Katy busy on the Casimir paper. Busy on ISMB. Meeting yesterday went well. 

Report back/Upcoming from BioAssist

Discussion on the new hires and the upcoming workshop. Scott is involved with a new project on "pharma new drgu discovery workflows". Tension between the need to "hide" the workflow enactment from myexp and overloading myExp with the task of wrapping workflows into services that can be further composed. Discussion on this with Marco and Tom. Ian: doing it through myExp is natural. Tom disagrees says it won't work. You can't turn a T2 workflow into a web service with impunity. Issues with large amounts of data movement. 

Round-table from Floating Team Members

Paul: will have an offline discussion with Stuart about a workflow that won't complete. 

Upcoming Milestones/Cross Team Scheduling Issues

Jits: needs to discuss on T2/myExp @ ISMB. Stuart says T2 should be there but talk won't have to depend on it.

Support Hat and JIRA Review (alternate weeks)

Stuart filling in for Alex. A couple of minor issues 

Upcoming Meetings

IPAW next week (Paolo). e-obesity (Ian, Jits). ISMB (David, Katy, Jits, Paul).

Funding News

Any Other Business (AOB)

Minuting for the Next Meeting

Stian 

New actions

Stuart: follow up on the beanshell thread [CHECK]

Any other new action?? 

Previous/Next Minutes

Previous meeting: 2008-06-03

Next meeting: 2008-06-17

(Remember to create the next meeting page and copy over the actions. Go to myGrid meetings and do Add Content -> Add Page. If you create it by clicking from here then the this page will be the parent and the new page won't be listed from myGrid meetings. If that's the case, you can click Edit next to the Location to change the parent to myGrid meetings.)

Labels