Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
  • Day: Tuesday, 1st July 2008
  • Time: 10.00
  • Room: 1.20

Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Apologies

Attending and Minuting

Minuting: Alex

Attending: Bharathi, Franck, Alan, Paolo, Ian, David, Constantinos, Alex

Actions from Previous Meeting

  • Stuart: wiki page to list T2 artifacts and comment "clean, unclean, old mygrid, external": on-going
  • Carole: Create "crib" sheet for ISMB and elsewhere giving "questions we might be asked and the answers to them": on-going
  • Tom: Integrate the Reference Manager into T2: moved to David as Tom is on holiday.

OMII Operations and Management

All went well on the last meeting (smile)

Report back/Upcoming from Team A

Stuart is in Germany. 

Ian working on T2. 

Paolo went to the IPO meeting, Sault Lake City, where Open Provenance Model seems to be moving along and despite it becoming more and more confusing people seem to be more and more interested in it and sharing provenance logs. People are also aware of T2. Paolo attended the DILLS meeting at the same week, where mainly the same people were present (from the IPO meeting). We had a poster on semantic provenance and quality there. Paolo also had a meeting on BLAST provenance capture algorithm with Norman.

Report back/Upcoming from Team B

Jits working on pulling workflows from MyExp to T2. Next release of MyExp will be next week (in time for ISMB) - new features include packs, 'favouring', new messaging system. On the BioCatalogue side - Eric worked on and sent a prototype of the annotation model that is very raw and does not fully encapsulate the annotation model, e.g. there is not history of annotations, who added what to the model, etc. The model Eric sent mainly contains a database representation of the model, in terms of database tables but misses some important annotation concepts. Also, people currently register at two different places - MyExp and BioCatalogue.   

Report back/Upcoming from Team C

David is working on T2.

Alex is working on 'annotating' secure WSs from T2.  

Report back/Upcoming from Team Frog

Alan sent a review of the Eric's BioCatalogue data model back to Eric. Web site style improve. Bharathi discovered a SOAPLab servlet that should not be there.

Report back/Upcoming from Team Tom

Tom is on holiday. 

Report back/Upcoming from Training, Outreach and Curation

Franck has been to CABig meeting in Washington -  a huge meeting, basically covers everything in the medical area. 

Katy is in Germany. 

Report back/Upcoming from BioAssist

Marco to go to Biosapiens and EMBRACE workshops. EMBRACE are to use BioCatalogue at some point in future, even though they are developing a model on their own. Marco to send an email to Katy to see what she knows about EMBRACE.

Round-table from Floating Team Members

Constantinos - CAGrid contract is almost done. He arranged a pack to be sent to ISMB - if we have any leaflets or brochures to take with us - send them to Constantinos as deadline is next week.

Upcoming Milestones/Cross Team Scheduling Issues

ISMB.

T2 beta release (that Stian announced last night).

Another (proper) T2 beta release before ISMB. 

Support Hat and JIRA Review (alternate weeks)

Upcoming Meetings

Jits, David, Katy go to ISMB 16th July.

Franck goes to Nottingham on 24th July. 

Funding News

CAGrid contract is to be finalised soon. 

Any Other Business (AOB)

Minuting for the Next Meeting

Bharathi. 

New actions

  • Stuart: wiki page to list T2 artifacts and comment "clean, unclean, old mygrid, external"
  • Carole: Create "crib" sheet for ISMB and elsewhere giving "questions we might be asked and the answers to them"
  • David: Integrate the Reference Manager into T2

Previous/Next Minutes

Previous meeting: 2008-06-24

Next meeting: 2008-07-08

(Remember to create the next meeting page and copy over the actions. Go to myGrid meetings and do Add Content -> Add Page. If you create it by clicking from here then the this page will be the parent and the new page won't be listed from myGrid meetings. If that's the case, you can click Edit next to the Location to change the parent to myGrid meetings.)

Labels