Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
  • Day: Tuesday, 8th July 2008
  • Time: 10.00
  • Room: Atlas 2

Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Apologies

Katy, Alex, Stian ,Marco .

Attending and Minuting

Minuting: Bharathi

Attending:Stuart, Jits, Franc, Paolo, Ian, David, Allan, Constantinos, Paul, Carole.

Actions from Previous Meeting

  • Stuart: wiki page to list T2 artifacts and comment "clean, unclean, old mygrid, external"(ongoing)
  • Carole: Create "crib" sheet for ISMB and elsewhere giving "questions we might be asked and the answers to them" (ongoing)
  • David: Integrate the Reference Manager into T2 (done)

OMII Operations and Management

OMII Ops Tele Conference will take place on  Wednesday .   

T2 progress

Reference Manager completed.  T2 tasks, for ISBM demo, need to be listed.  Documenting will be started once, components are working.

Discussed about licensing, and decided to stick with LGPL for current release. 

Report back/Upcoming from Team A

Stuart: Worked on T2 components, and some progress with Sysmo project. 

Paolo: Implementation of provinance algorithm is done, and  testing required with nesting and layers.

Report back/Upcoming from Team B

MyExperiment Plugin in Taverna is done for ISMB demo.  Whip integration is going.

Bio-Catalogue: Showcasing will be in ISMB .  Bio-Catalogue pilot, on Ruby on Rails,  will be released in october.

Report back/Upcoming from Team C

workin on T2,  Reference Manager completed.

Report back/Upcoming from Team Frog

Alan:  Working on website, and data sheet. Keen in T1 and T2 

Report back/Upcoming from Training, Outreach and Curation

Frank will give a tutorial in Nottingham, as per their invitation.

T2 article  (written by Aan) will come in news letter.  Katy will write an article for news letter. 

Report back/Upcoming from BioAssist

no news. 

Round-table from Floating Team Members

Paul  highlighted a  problem in running Taverna Remote Execution, as he is seeing memory problems.

He got eScience certificates to run Taverna on NW-GRID, Bharathi is installing Taverna 1.7 on NW-GRID. 

Upcoming Milestones/Cross Team Scheduling Issues


Support Hat and JIRA Review (alternate weeks)

Ian 

Upcoming Meetings

ISMB, AHM, OMII F2F (20,21st October, Edinburgh).

Funding News

Carole told about the Digital Economy projects, which are  more relvant to eLabs, and eObesity projects. 

Any Other Business (AOB)

Ketan went back, he is writing a paper on Taverna Plugin, he developed.

Some People from ANL  are writing a BPEL, Taverna comparison paper.

Jits made a demo of myExperiment plugin in Taverna, and  'Packs' implementation in myExperiment.

Alan showed the new website. 

Minuting for the Next Meeting

Franc 

New actions

Stuart: to  talk to Carole,  who and how many  to go to  AHM .

Allan: Alan to write an article on T2  (user's perspective ) for  OMII news letter. 

Ian: Bugs to be added to Jira. 

Paul: to talk to David regarding  out of  memory problems.

Jits: to Send questions and answers to Carole for 'crib' sheet, regarding myExperiment plugin. 

Previous/Next Minutes

Previous meeting: 2008-07-01

Next meeting: 2008-07-15

(Remember to create the next meeting page and copy over the actions. Go to myGrid meetings and do Add Content -> Add Page. If you create it by clicking from here then the this page will be the parent and the new page won't be listed from myGrid meetings. If that's the case, you can click Edit next to the Location to change the parent to myGrid meetings.)

Labels