- Meeting Agenda/Minutes
- Attending and Minuting
- Actions from Previous Meeting
- T2 Progress
- OMII Operations and Management
- Report back/Upcoming from Team A
- Report back/Upcoming from Team B
- Report back/Upcoming from Team C
- Report back/Upcoming from Team Frog
- Report back/Upcoming from Training, Outreach and Curation
- Report back/Upcoming from BioAssist
- Round-table from Floating Team Members
- Upcoming Milestones/Cross Team Scheduling Issues
- Support Hat and JIRA Review (alternate weeks)
- Upcoming Meetings
- Funding News
- Any Other Business (AOB)
- Minuting for the Next Meeting
- New actions
- Previous/Next Minutes
Attending and Minuting
Attending: Stuart, Ian, Stian, Katy, Alan, Alex, Bharathi, David, Marco and Paul
Actions from Previous Meeting
- Paul: to talk to David regarding out of memory problems. Not done yet
- Alan: To look into T2 documentation user manual section header - thought about options, need to write it all up. Ongoing
- Stuart : Check agenda for All-Hands to see if a developer side meeting can be arranged - clarified. Done - 1400 on the Tuesday
- Ian: to make travel arrangements for OMII F2F meeting in Edinburgh Partially done - new actions on Alan and Alex
Red Beta went out.
There is an issue wrt non-loading workflows. No explanation for non-loading is given.
GraphViz platform issue.
Marco has posted his comments on myExperiment.
Issue of what categories services can be sorted on. Marco worries about what webservice providers should specify.
Marco has workflows that load but do not run.
Some NCBI local workers are no implemented. NCBI local workers will e done as WSDLs. Marco wants to prioritize reporting of what is/is not translated.
Katy wants the health checker back.
Action on Stian to set up myExperiment packs for non-loading and for non-running workflows.
OMII Operations and Management
Katy asked about the demo.
WorkflowMonitor should soon be signed off as John R has done the last of the changes. Action on Alan to sign it off.
Report back/Upcoming from Team A
Paolo is off to NZ. Otherwise T2 work.
Report back/Upcoming from Team B
No one here.
Report back/Upcoming from Team C
T2 work. The Advanced Model Explorer has now been put into T2. It is done as just a tree i.e. without the table part.
Report back/Upcoming from Team Frog
Generally positive about the website. Major issue of how to order search results - affects all kinds of searching/listing. Need solution for website but ideally should also impact on how e.g. google orders the results. Could have "preferred answer", but that would be difficult to set up and maintain.
Marco asked how the help in T2 related to the contents of the website. The help will be to webpages and it is expected that they will be part of the website. The relationship between the help, the manual and the FAQ is being considered.
Ian moaned about the number of clicks to find the Taverna manual.
Alan wants people to look at his document analysing what went wrong wrt the alternate example and how it can be avoided in the future.
Report back/Upcoming from Training, Outreach and Curation
ICSB tomorrow (Wednesday 27th). Action on Katy to send Alan the presentation.
Report back/Upcoming from BioAssist
Meeting with Machiel about the platforms. The current metabelomics people are leaving.
Mention of BINS workflow system.
Katy needs to talk to Maurice about Molgenis
Issue for BioAssist as to who their intended users are.
Marco wanted to know what was happening about WSDL2 and REST support in T2. Needs to know when REST will be supported.
Discussion as to what NBIC should advise/teach wrt creation of webservices. General opinion was SoapLab2 or cxf.
Action on Bharathi to send out the simplified SoapLab2 steps.
Marco needs someone to be on Skype on Friday 5th to discuss services.
Round-table from Floating Team Members
Bharathi is finishing September 5th.
Paul could not download T2 - unclear why.
Upcoming Milestones/Cross Team Scheduling Issues
Support Hat and JIRA Review (alternate weeks)
Problem with XML splitter. Action on Alex to create a JIRA issue.
Katy is not herer for much of September. Paul is unsure about AHM. There is an ONDEX meeting next Tuesday (2nd September). Stian is off to Maryland and possibly Chicago.
caGrid is "good to go".
Any Other Business (AOB)
Minuting for the Next Meeting
- Paul: to talk to David regarding out of memory problems.
- Alan: To look into T2 documentation user manual section header - thought about options, need to write it all up.
- Alan and Alex: to make travel arrangements for OMII F2F meeting in Edinburgh
- Stian: set up myExperiment packs for non-loading and for non-running workflows.
- Alan: sign off WorkflowMonitor
- Katy: send Alan the ICSB presentation
- Bharathi: send out the simplified SoapLab2 steps.
- Alex: create a JIRA issue for the XML splitter problem.
Previous meeting: 2008-08-19
Next meeting: 2008-09-02
(Remember to create the next meeting page and copy over the actions. Go to myGrid meetings and do
Add Content ->
Add Page. If you create it by clicking from here then the this page will be the parent and the new page won't be listed from myGrid meetings. If that's the case, you can click
Edit next to the Location to change the parent to myGrid meetings.)