Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting agenda/minutes
Please read the notes in the above photos when reading the minutes below


Apologies

Agenda

1. Intro to how this will work (a few iterations to get this right)

2. Actions (all e-Lab relevant ones merged, reporting back from meetings derived from previous meta-meetings as actions is OK; please say it happened and the current working understanding - no elaborate details - as this would need another meeting)

3. Standup and make a mark - update white boards for e-Lab Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amonst the relevant people)

4. All read what has been written (note down relevant questions)

5. Quick round table:

Does

  • Particular success
  • Please state under which heading the update should be minuted
  • Blockers (needed to identify who you need to talk/meet to/with for resolution)
  • pertinant questions about what is written on the white board (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or too nebulous)
  • Any planned ad-hocs not already on the actions list

Don'ts

  • Just read what is written on the white board
  • Start discussion the solution (unless very simple) instead of the problem - as often the solution will need an ad-hoc discussion with relevent parties

6. Research (any relevant research - e-Lab or Taverna)

7. Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to e-Lab Active List - standing items at all meta-meetings

8. Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)

9. Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time

Attending and minuting

  • Attending: Shoaib, Peter, Stuart, Katy, Ian, Sean, Alex, Donal, Anja, Rishi, Matthew,Paul, Stian, Jits, Christian, David (skype), Kostas (skype), Don (skype)
  • Minuting: Rishi

Actions from previous meeting (10 min)

  • Shoaib/Jits: Discuss dev8d - still not convinced. Jits may go alone.
  • Shoaib: Add Kostas presentation to status report - Ongoing
  • Shoaib to add SageCite to E-Lab project list - Done
  • Stian to add Wf4Ever RO telcon to mygrid calendar - Done
  • Ian should attend RO telcon - Ongoing
  • Ian and Jits need to suggest topics for lightening talks for Collaboration Workshop first week of March - Done
  • Peter meet with Jits and Stian re: SageCite use case for the Workflow4Ever project. imported from Taverna meta-meeting

myExperiment

app4andy

Sysmo

Katy: book chapter -  went quite quiet - there was a miss communication from the editors

Carole: can still use parts from the book

SageCite

eLico

Methodbox

Shoaib: Ians needs a hand setting up a RDF triple store / view, ECCSR, need help to design queries

Wf4ever

Research

Katy -  Taverna - there's a plan for the omics paper

BioCatalogue

Alan: biocatalogue services - status?

Carole: services are changing, to discuss on biocatalogue list, same services done differently, do we version them

Stian: idea to flag broken workflows and then suggest a fix for ones using EBI services

Don: to tag workflows that are broken to go up this week,

done some john brooke requests, 

DRE haven't made priorities yet

Alan: in there API is there a way to see which ones are broken?

Don: to put that in

openPHACTS

eGalaxy

Kostas: Kostas and Marco testing workflows, put something in for ISBM

Carole: need to know the status of the server and platform

Costas: to present at NBIC conference and ..?.. 

Kostas Karasavvas: Arranged with Don to make eGalaxy available via myExperiment

Kostas Karasavvas: Dissemination: I will be presenting to Integrative Bioinformatics and submit to NBIC and Galaxy conferences

More users (bioinformaticians) needed -- let me know, oh, yes... I will be sending it to 2-3 users for testing as well

Events

Any other business

Minuting for the next meeting:

Rob

New Actions

Matt - arrange a meeting with Stu & katy (on germ)

Matt - sort out thread on briefing on beyond the pdf from Tim Clarke and Steve pettifer

Ian - to see Sean about architecture side + talk to Christian & Stian

(including who needs to meet who about what - i.e. the meetings/ad-hocs from the meta-meeting)

Labels
  • None