Please read the notes in the above photos when reading the minutes below
1. Intro to how this will work (a few iterations to get this right)
2. Actions (all e-Lab relevant ones merged, reporting back from meetings derived from previous meta-meetings as actions is OK; please say it happened and the current working understanding - no elaborate details - as this would need another meeting)
3. Standup and make a mark - update white boards for e-Lab Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amonst the relevant people)
4. All read what has been written (note down relevant questions)
5. Quick round table:
- Particular success
- Please state under which heading the update should be minuted
- Blockers (needed to identify who you need to talk/meet to/with for resolution)
- pertinant questions about what is written on the white board (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or too nebulous)
- Any planned ad-hocs not already on the actions list
- Just read what is written on the white board
- Start discussion the solution (unless very simple) instead of the problem - as often the solution will need an ad-hoc discussion with relevent parties
6. Research (any relevant research - e-Lab or Taverna)
7. Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to e-Lab Active List - standing items at all meta-meetings
8. Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)
9. Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time
Attending and minuting
- Attending: Stuart, Sean, Paul, Matt, Ian, Alex, Rishi, Stian, David, Jits, Alan, Peter, George, Don, Dave.
- Minuting: Matt
Actions from previous meeting (10 mins)
- Paul Report myExperiment upload bug - ongoing
- Alan - talk to Paul/Katy about the czech republic demo - done
- Jits - point everyone to the wiki page about the wf4ever RO api work - done
Dave extended March 31st by one week.
Don: Reviewing code drop that mines workflow descriptions for related tags [related words].
Dave : Transitioning from one round of JISC funding to another.
Interesting presentation from Matt (from AWS) re: rails platform - Matt is around next week. [Email on myGrid list]
Things starting to pick up - wanting to use Bio Catalogue [Alex - attended meeting last week]
Have format to describe command line tools and want to create web services - looking @ SOAPlab
BioCat can list SOAP lab services [Jits]
Peter finished another workflow for sage site
Going to be using instance of SysmoDB @ birmingham
eGalaxy -> renamed to Galaxy Taverna/ Taverna Galaxy
Any other business
Working w/ Robert Stevens. Was involved from Sheffield in myGrid. Primarily involved in NLP and Text Mining for Biomedical research. Would like to talk to others about research opportunities in applying NLP and text mining. Testing NLP for tagging of documents. Knowledge extraction for cause and effect use case: engine development - automatically constructing causal diagrams. Developing gui for texting mining tool - concerned w/ task of entity/concept alignment.
Paul - recommends cite-o-scape.
Minuting for the next meeting:
Jits & Alex meet re: Scape BioCatalogue instance
(including who needs to meet who about what - i.e. the meetings/ad-hocs from the meta-meeting)