Please read the notes in the above photos when reading the minutes below
- Meeting agenda/minutes
1. Intro to how this will work (a few iterations to get this right)
2. Standup and make a mark - update white boards for e-Lab Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amonst the relevant people) (doing this before 3 saves times as people trickle into the meeting and start putting up their updates)
3. All read what has been written (note down relevant questions)
4. Actions (all e-Lab relevant ones merged, reporting back from meetings derived from previous meta-meetings as actions is OK; please say it happened and the current working understanding - no elaborate details - as this would need another meeting)
5. Quick round table:
- Particular success
- Please state under which heading the update should be minuted
- Blockers (needed to identify who you need to talk/meet to/with for resolution)
- pertinent questions about what is written on the white board (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or too nebulous)
- Any planned ad-hocs not already on the actions list
- Just read what is written on the white board
- Start discussion the solution (unless very simple) instead of the problem - as often the solution will need an ad-hoc discussion with relevent parties
6. Research (any relevant research - e-Lab or Taverna)
7. Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to e-Lab Active List - standing items at all meta-meetings
8. Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)
9. Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time
Attending and minuting
- Attending: Alan, Stian, David, Ian, Paul, Alex, Rishi, Christian, Carole, Sean, Rob, Stuart, Shoaib
- Minuting: Rishi
Actions from previous meeting (10 mins)
- Paul Report myExperiment upload bug - ongoing
- Jits & Alex meet re: Scape BioCatalogue instance - ongoing
- Shoaib/Charlotte/All - need updates/checks to outreach material - posters, flyers, pens, stickers etc - needed end of May - for June/July workshops/conferences - eSI final outreach workshop, ISMB etc (comments ?) - ongoing
Alex: trying to find out which services are required for use with Scape - wsdl + external tools (looks at Alan), going to have a skype chat today and tomorrow about this, there is also a developer workshop in June in Vienna
Carole: - need a Jits shadow, there's re-work needed for BioVel.
- have a meeting with the EU to speak about BioCatalogue
- keynote on Services begginning of July
Carole: to put onto the agenda to think of ways of curating - need to improve curation to enable other people to do curation.
Alan: Steffen - concerning external tools descriptions, should they be put in BioCatalogue or myExperiment?
Rob: Components library?
Shoaib: need a component catalogue meeting
Stuart: requests meeting with Christian about XL Wrapper
Carole: Jits work, general annotation framework, wf4ever could explore - ontologies, preservation and curation.
David: need a meeting this week
Alan: Collaboration with Jove - anyone Interested?
Stian: collaboration with the search but could be wider
Shoaib: if there are specific things then we can focus on that, to follow up...
Rob: Had an interesting meeting with Matt Wood - Lark looks really interesting, is going to be made public soon, would of probably used it for app4andy if it was available, looking for people to use & contribute
Carole: ITER event needs attending for Taverna concerning particle physics- Stian & Rob?
Stian: ..concerning survey of all the tools
Particle physics - GRID heavy
Any other business
Carole: FutureEverything - festival of art & music - has 4 free tickets for the conference
Minuting for the next meeting:
Shoaib - to follow up collaboration interests with Jove
David - to arrange a meeting for Tav-Gal/Gal-Tav
David - to arrange Component catalogue meeting
(including who needs to meet who about what - i.e. the meetings/ad-hocs from the meta-meeting)