Please read the notes in the above photos when reading the minutes below
- Meeting agenda/minutes
- Attending and minuting
- Actions from previous meeting (10 mins)
- Whiteboard summaries
- Taverna-Galaxy/Galaxy-Taverna (TGGT)
- Funding News
- Any other business
- Minuting for the next meeting:
- New Actions
1. Intro to how this will work (a few iterations to get this right)
2. Standup and make a mark - update white boards for e-Lab Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amonst the relevant people) (doing this before 3 saves times as people trickle into the meeting and start putting up their updates)
3. All read what has been written (note down relevant questions)
4. Actions (all e-Lab relevant ones merged, reporting back from meetings derived from previous meta-meetings as actions is OK; please say it happened and the current working understanding - no elaborate details - as this would need another meeting)
5. Quick round table:
- Particular success
- Please state under which heading the update should be minuted
- Blockers (needed to identify who you need to talk/meet to/with for resolution)
- pertinent questions about what is written on the white board (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or too nebulous)
- Any planned ad-hocs not already on the actions list
- Just read what is written on the white board
- Start discussion the solution (unless very simple) instead of the problem - as often the solution will need an ad-hoc discussion with relevent parties
6. Research (any relevant research - e-Lab or Taverna)
7. Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to e-Lab Active List - standing items at all meta-meetings
8. Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)
9. Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time
Attending and minuting
- Attending: Shoaib, Sean, Stuart, Alan, Alex, Rob, Christian, Ian, Rishi, X, Stian, Jits
- Minuting: Stian
Actions from previous meeting (10 mins)
- Paul Report myExperiment upload bug. Unknown
- Jits & Alex meet re: Scape BioCatalogue instance -- Alex not sure, chatted about it last week. Storing files in myXP. Jits: Separate, also WS element of scape. Alex: More geared for external tools.
- Shoaib/Charlotte/All - need updates/checks to outreach material - posters, flyers, pens, stickers etc - needed end of May - for June/July workshops/conferences - eSI final outreach workshop, ISMB etc (comments ?) Shoaib: Time is getting short for update to material.. will probe on posters. Needed for workshop in June. Action Done.
- Shoaib - to follow up collaboration interests with Jove Shoaib: Jove, method and videos of methods/protocols, interested in semantic search cooperation. Forwarded to relevant people. They were looking for advice/help. Sysmo? Stuart: Can browse hierarchy, some synonyms, sent them some pointers. SOLR, etc. Action Done.
- David - to arrange a meeting for Tav-Gal/Gal-Tav Done.
- David - to arrange Component catalogue meeting Done. There will be a roadmapping meeting at 11:00.
Rob: Why is this in both meetings?
Action Shoaib: Rationalize what is in which meeting.
Any other business
Alan: Poking about Japanese genetics firm. Need bioinformatics people to answer their questions. Forwarded to myGrid list. Katy will have a look.
Shoaib: Remember the flyers.
Second year student might come to do summer work. To be decided the details of what he's up to.
Finn will be working for one month.
Minuting for the next meeting:
(including who needs to meet who about what - i.e. the meetings/ad-hocs from the meta-meeting)
- Shoaib: Rationalize what is in which meeting.
- Paul Report myExperiment upload bug
- Shoaib/Charlotte/All - need updates/checks to outreach material - posters, flyers, pens, stickers etc - needed end of May - for June/July workshops/conferences - eSI final outreach workshop, ISMB etc (comments ?)