Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting agenda/minutes

Please read the notes in the whiteboard photos when reading the minutes below

Agenda

1. Intro to how this will work (a few iterations to get this right)

2. Standup and make a mark - update white boards for e-Lab Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amonst the relevant people) (doing this before 3 saves times as people trickle into the meeting and start putting up their updates)

3. All read what has been written (note down relevant questions)

4. Actions (all e-Lab relevant ones merged, reporting back from meetings derived from previous meta-meetings as actions is OK; please say it happened and the current working understanding - no elaborate details - as this would need another meeting)

5. Quick round table:

Dos

  • Particular success
  • Please state under which heading the update should be minuted
  • Blockers (needed to identify who you need to talk/meet to/with for resolution)
  • pertinent questions about what is written on the white board (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or too nebulous)
  • Any planned ad-hocs not already on the actions list

Don'ts

  • Just read what is written on the white board
  • Start discussion the solution (unless very simple) instead of the problem - as often the solution will need an ad-hoc discussion with relevent parties

6. Research (any relevant research - e-Lab or Taverna)

7. Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to e-Lab Active List - standing items at all meta-meetings

8. Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)

9. Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time

Attending and minuting

  • Attending: Stian, Sean, Ian, Alistair, Rob, Finn, Stuart, Donal, Alex
  • Minuting: Alex

Actions from previous meeting (10 mins)

Shoaib: Cloud/taverna/sequencing/A4A + galaxy/taverna flyers needed - ongoing

Rob: Galaxy/taverna VM that can be distributed  (needed for Katy's course on Jan 17) - ongoing (we do not want to support both Taverna and Galaxy in the sane VM which will be the case if we put Galaxy on the Taverna VM) - this action is reassigned to Kostas & Katy

Rob: App4Andy VM that can be distributed - ongoing

Rob: Chase up galaxy folks regards myExp integration - ongoing - need to push this to Galaxy; this is not really Rob's responsibility - reassigning to Dave de Roure and Shoaib

Whiteboard summaries

myExperiment

An issue with licensing in the Taverna-myExperiment plugin (probably a Taverna bug) - when a wf is uploaded through Taverna it gets a different licence than when it is uploaded from myExpriment. The wf gets a non-derivative licence (and there are now quite a few wfs like this in myExperiment) - which means these wfs cannot be updated/modified by other people. This is an oversignht/bug as there is a list of licences available and the wfs probably just get the first one in the list that happens to be non-derivative. Finn to raise this as a bug; we need to let the users know as well on taverna-users and myExperiment.

BioCatalogue

BioVel

Sysmo

eLico

Methodbox

openPHACTS

Funding News

  • Donal: a new proposal to go in by the end of the week, this will be something Anja will work on

Research

Events

Any other business

Shoaib: report from the call with VECNET people from Australia - they seem interested in Utopia and Taverna, but we won't know anything until 14th December 2011.

Minuting for the next meeting:

Alistair

New Actions

Rob: to chase the French guys for the BioVel flyer

Kostas & Katy (reassigned from Rob): Galaxy/taverna VM that can be distributed  (needed for Katy's course on Jan 17) - Katy to decide which workflows to be included; Kostas already has an almost ready Taverna-Galaxy combo.

DdeR and Shoaib (reassigned from Rob): Chase up galaxy folks regards myExp integration - need to push this to Galaxy people

Finn: add the myExperiment-Taverna licencing bug into Taverna's Jira (this is probably a Taverna bug)

Labels
  • None