Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting agenda/minutes

Please read the notes in the whiteboard photos when reading the minutes below

Agenda

1. Intro to how this will work (a few iterations to get this right)

2. Standup and make a mark - update white boards for e-Lab Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amonst the relevant people) (doing this before 3 saves times as people trickle into the meeting and start putting up their updates)

3. All read what has been written (note down relevant questions)

4. Actions (all e-Lab relevant ones merged, reporting back from meetings derived from previous meta-meetings as actions is OK; please say it happened and the current working understanding - no elaborate details - as this would need another meeting)

5. Quick round table:

Dos

  • Particular success
  • Please state under which heading the update should be minuted
  • Blockers (needed to identify who you need to talk/meet to/with for resolution)
  • pertinent questions about what is written on the white board (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or too nebulous)
  • Any planned ad-hocs not already on the actions list

Don'ts

  • Just read what is written on the white board
  • Start discussion the solution (unless very simple) instead of the problem - as often the solution will need an ad-hoc discussion with relevent parties

6. Research (any relevant research - e-Lab or Taverna)

7. Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to e-Lab Active List - standing items at all meta-meetings

8. Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)

9. Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time

Attending and minuting

  • Attending: Donal, David, Julie, Stian, Kristian, Alan, Finn, Helen, Stuart, Alasdair
  • Chairing: Stuart
  • Minuting: Stian

Actions from previous meeting (10 mins)

  • Christian: (2012-08-17) Arrange a telecon with Gerhard to talk about their experience with Knime (ongoing)
  • Andy Brass (2012-05-11): Ask german student to
    • b) possibly present to mygrid team via skype or webcast (ongoing
  • Shoaib: (2012-06-22) Oversee drawing up of a list of servers that are centrally managed and have old/deprecated operating systems or are not actively being updated. Issues around production servers and research/development servers. (ongoing)
  • Shoaib/Alasdair/Christian: (2012-06-22) Identify needs for the Open PHACTS server (done)

Whiteboard summaries

BioCatalogue

Finn helped installed new BioCatalogue installation for Steve Pettifer ("SteveCatalogue"). Runs on Steve's server. Steve runs his own backup solution.

Minuting for the next meeting: Stuart

New Actions

  • Christian: (2012-08-17) Arrange a telecon with Gerhard to talk about their experience with Knime
  • Andy Brass (2012-05-11): Ask german student to
    • b) possibly present to mygrid team via skype or webcast
  • Shoaib: (2012-06-22) Oversee drawing up of a list of servers that are centrally managed and have old/deprecated operating systems or are not actively being updated. Issues around production servers and research/development servers.
Labels
  • None