Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting agenda/minutes

Please read the notes in the whiteboard photos when reading the minutes below

Attending and minuting

  • Attending: Finn, Rob, Carole, Ian, Christian, Alan, Khalid, David, Donal (minuting), Stuart (chairing), Katy (skype), Alasdair (skype).

Actions from previous meeting

Christian: ONGOING (2012-08-17) Arrange a telecon with Gerhard to talk about their experience with Knime.(email sent, waiting for reply) (ongoing)
Christian: ONGOING (2012-08-17) Arrange a telecon with Gerhard to talk about their experience with Knime.(email sent, waiting for reply).
Shoaib: (2013-01-18) organize a meeting for brainstorming grant ideas. (ongoing)
Stuart/Katy: (2013-01-18) to put on the RightField website how RightField is related to DataUp and OntoMaton.
Alan: (2013-01-18) to push the work on supporting of tables in Taverna. (ongoing)
Donal: (2013-01-18) to be added to the BioMart mailing list. (ongoing)
Alasdair: (2013-01-18) Create grant writing page on wiki (done)
Everybody: (2013-01-18) Write up anything that might feed into future grants (ongoing)
Everybody: (2013-01-18) to identify people that we may need to chase (spin) for (or to be included in) new grants. (ongoing)
Don: (2013-01-18) grant Finn access to the myExperiment server log (done)

Whiteboard summaries

  • Finn: Working on JIRAthon.
  • Rob: Various work for NAR paper. Taverna Server VM in progress. Taverna Server AMI already in use by CEH people. Next, working on Taverna Player.
  • Carole: Mainly meetings.
    • CEH
    • Rehearsing with Chris Taylor
    • Proposal to University Fund with Andy Brass for work based on Taverna and Utopia.
    • Galaxy integration
  • Ian: New MethodBox user at York; in direction want to go, but funding currently uncertain
  • Christian: BridgeDB metadata importing (very large job)
  • Alan: Interaction service bug (large data via atomhopper) found and fixed. BioLinux telecon upcoming (useful for number of reasons). Kimbats.
  • Khalid: Ontology paper. Paolo working with us on further papers.
  • David: Components work (general and for SCAPE). Demo for CEH meeting. UI improvements. Documentation (component plugin manual)
  • Donal: Support work. Fixed some Taverna Server bugs with resource management. HELIO paper work.
  • Stuart: SEEK issues fixed. Evaluation meeting next week in Berlin.
  • Katy: NAR paper. Data curation for conference next week. Training of biomedical users next week.
  • Alasdair: Getting back up to speed.

New Actions

Alan: (2013-02-01) Buy a new machine.
Finn: (2013-02-01) Sort out permissions on myGrid Wiki so as to access grant writing page.
Stuart: (2013-02-01) Ensure that Alex knows about David's leaving do (via email or sms).

Labels
  • None