Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting agenda/minutes

Please read the notes in the whiteboard photos when reading the minutes below

Agenda

1. Intro to how this will work (a few iterations to get this right)

2. Standup and make a mark - update white boards for e-Lab Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amonst the relevant people) (doing this before 3 saves times as people trickle into the meeting and start putting up their updates)

3. All read what has been written (note down relevant questions)

4. Actions (all e-Lab relevant ones merged, reporting back from meetings derived from previous meta-meetings as actions is OK; please say it happened and the current working understanding - no elaborate details - as this would need another meeting)

5. Quick round table:

Dos

  • Particular success
  • Please state under which heading the update should be minuted
  • Blockers (needed to identify who you need to talk/meet to/with for resolution)
  • pertinent questions about what is written on the white board (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or too nebulous)
  • Any planned ad-hocs not already on the actions list

Don'ts

  • Just read what is written on the white board
  • Start discussion the solution (unless very simple) instead of the problem - as often the solution will need an ad-hoc discussion with relevent parties

6. Research (any relevant research - e-Lab or Taverna)

7. Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to e-Lab Active List - standing items at all meta-meetings

8. Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)

9. Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time

Attending and minuting

  • Attending:
  • Minuting: Norman Morrison

Actions from previous meeting (10 mins)

Christian:  (2012-08-17) Arrange a telecon with Gerhard to talk about their experience with Knime.(email sent, waiting for reply) - Ongoing
Shoaib/Alasdair: (2013-01-18) organize a meeting for brainstorming grant ideas. Alasdair - done in research group, needs communicating to rest of group. - Briefly communicated by Katy.
Stuart/Katy: (2013-01-18) to put on the RightField website how RightField is related to DataUp and OntoMaton - Ongoing
Alan: (2013-01-18) to push the work on supporting of tables in Taverna- Done
Everybody: (2013-01-18) Write up anything that might feed into future grants - Ongoing
Everybody: (2013-01-18) to identify people that we may need to chase (spin) for (or to be included in) new grants - Ongoing

Finn: (2013-02-01) Sort out permissions on myGrid Wiki so as to access grant writing page. Finn/Stuart to discuss with Stian.

Shoaib: (15/2/13) - minimal scape eu timesheet requirements - action moved to Donal / Alasdair.

Carole: (15/2/13)  - List of mygrid 'confidential' names - Ongoing

Stian: (15/2/13) - Create new email list from mygrid 'confidential' list - Action passed to Shoaib.

Whiteboard summaries


myExperiment

BioCatalogue

BioVel

Sysmo

eLico

Methodbox

openPHACTS

Funding News

Research

Events

Any other business

[09:59:39] Katy Wolstencroft: yes please
[10:01:28] Katy Wolstencroft: updates from me: data and ontology curation for sysmo paper, next - prep for eagle talk
[10:02:24 | Edited 10:04:37] Katy Wolstencroft: ISBE: started catalogue of available resources, getting help from robert's student Geraint - text mining databases and tools from sys bio literature. Meeting WP5 in barcelona in 2 weeks
[10:02:29] pinar.alper: yes please
[10:02:39] Katy Wolstencroft: Meeting WP5 in Barcelona in a few weeks
[10:03:05] pinar.alper: updates: working on workflow summarization.
[10:04:33] Donal Fellows: updates from me: SCAPE meeting went well, we've been asked to give a demo of the component work at the review in mid-April (at AIT in Vienna), I've agreed to do sample components for the other partners that meet the component profiles we've been defining (and we've found a few bugs and missing things in those profiles and the documents used to instantiate them). We also need to do a whole bunch of supporting tools
[10:04:58] Don Cruickshank: updates from me: working on making the Y2 demo "real" enough to show off.  we've given ourselves beyond pdf2 as a target to create a focus
[10:05:04] Donal Fellows: particularly a validator to ensure that components being published actually meet the profile
[10:05:20] Don Cruickshank: also various updates of myexp dependencies so that we can move to more modern version of ruby and rails
[09:59:39] Katy Wolstencroft: yes please

[10:01:28] Katy Wolstencroft: updates from me: data and ontology curation for sysmo paper, next - prep for eagle talk

[10:02:24 | Edited 10:04:37] Katy Wolstencroft: ISBE: started catalogue of available resources, getting help from robert's student Geraint - text mining databases and tools from sys bio literature. Meeting WP5 in barcelona in 2 weeks

[10:02:29] pinar.alper: yes please

[10:02:39] Katy Wolstencroft: Meeting WP5 in Barcelona in a few weeks

[10:03:05] pinar.alper: updates: working on workflow summarization.

[10:04:33] Donal Fellows: updates from me: SCAPE meeting went well, we've been asked to give a demo of the component work at the review in mid-April (at AIT in Vienna), I've agreed to do sample components for the other partners that meet the component profiles we've been defining (and we've found a few bugs and missing things in those profiles and the documents used to instantiate them). We also need to do a whole bunch of supporting tools

[10:04:58] Don Cruickshank: updates from me: working on making the Y2 demo "real" enough to show off.  we've given ourselves beyond pdf2 as a target to create a focus

[10:05:04] Donal Fellows: particularly a validator to ensure that components being published actually meet the profile

[10:05:20] Don Cruickshank: also various updates of myexp dependencies so that we can move to more modern version of ruby and rails

Minuting for the next meeting:

New Actions

Donal / Alasdair: (01/03/13) - to arrange a minimal scape eu timesheet requirements masterclass

Shoaib: (01/03/13) - Create new email list from mygrid 'confidential' list, obtain start of list from Stian.

Labels
  • None