- local components?
- new beanshells
- export workflows with components; ship with workflows
- embedded workflows
- have a way of pushing these local components to mygrid components registry
- local workers right now alert when someone changes them, and show as different beanshells
- as long as people know they've changed it
- should keep component def cache within workflow
- versioning issues are brought up as a result - good thing!
- FETA didn't really tackle shims
- "this shim connects this service to this service"
- "I need to do this task next"
- "most of the time you dont just want to do a blast"... you want to then do something with it
- depends what the component is - if its just a beanshell in a wf it doesnt belong in myexp, but anything more should
- most important thing is "what connects to what"
- interlinking between components
- need to know what's going on inside a component
- Antoon's paper - workflow reuse and being able to describe wfs with just the ins/outs of the whole workflow
- make a component out of dragging a box around some components
- have a warning when local components are in workflow when saved
- making components out of other components
- export in SCUFL2?
- publish someone else's components by mistake?
- embedded component cannot be exported/shared as component definition
- file command in UNIX
- make it clear where components are being published
- security whilst running the workflow - another use case for interaction during the workflow run
- will they run on server or internal engine?
- FETA work?
- currently happy with the Taverna plugins way of doing components
- but need ways to make it easier - wizards, etc
- user interaction in workflows
- had to hack with beanshells and java swing right now (to pop up)
- wf contains comp not in my palette ... that place is down... what happens?
- config of component def vs component of the underlying think that runs
- when searching, eg: for a wsdl, get the generic WSDL activity as well as preconfigured component that use that