Have templates and localworkers first. Then the other services preferably in some predictable order e.g. alphabetic. The ordering in subtrees should also be predictable.
- Says "Available Services" rather than "Available Processors" in 1.7.1 or "Available Activities" in 2.0 - may be altered depending upon naming decisions
- Has number of leaf services in parentheses - forget this if it is too difficult
- Right click will give the options for adding new services (identical to Add New Services button's functionality)
- Need expand/collapse all
- Idea is to gather all template services under one heading - approved by users
- This would include Beanshell, R, String Constant, Abstract Service (if this is there)
- In 1.7.1 collected together with local workers under "Local Services"
b) For coders: Is it possible from the API to find out what are "template" services?
- R-click will bring up:
Add To Workflow (was "Add to model" in 1.7.1)
Add To Workflow with Name (was "Add to model with name" in 1.7.1) - brings up Rename Processor (will be "Rename Service" I think) dialog
- Drag and drop into graphical editor must still be available
- Adding a service that requires configuration will automatically bring up the configuration panel
- Left click causes descriptions to appear in the to-be-renamed contextual view
- Includes Nested Workflow as a template
c) For coders: How hard is "invoke"?
- Categorized into sub-trees according to category
- Name is still being debated (11/02/2009) - users currently prefer "local services"
- "Biomart" rather than "Biomart service" for consistency
- Need "remove from tree" on r-click
- Same as for (3) plus
- Need remove from tree
- Porttype has gone
d) For coders: What does porttype mean? Users do not understand it.
- Users enter text. As they do so, the tree is dynamically filtered, only showing leaf nodes that match and also only branches down to those nodes. The match is done broadly i.e. search on any attribute, not just name. If users delete text, then the tree shows the (probably) larger number of matches. When no search text is left, or when the user presses reset, the tree reverts to showing its original content with the original (pre-search) node expansion settings.
- Add New Services has same kind of options as currently in 2.0 under Activities on the top
- Also available by e-click on Available Services
- Icons same as currently. Need new icon for search hits