This service writes the specified filecontents to the text file at the specified outputFile path. The new contents of the file are also written to the outputFile output. The original content of the file, if any, are overwritten.
- outputFile - The fully qualified file path to the file to be written. This is a mandatory parameter.
- filecontents - The string to be written to the specified file. This is a mandatory parameter.
- outputFile - The string containing the contents of the file whose filepath is specified by the outputFile input port. This should be equivalent to the passed filecontents.
There are example workflows on myExperiment showing:
- writing the empty string to a file
- over-writing the contents of an existing file
- writing to a new file
There is currently no in-built service for appending data to a file.