Taverna stores user settings and preferences in the Taverna home directory. You do not normally need to edit files in this folder, as it is controlled by the Taverna Workbench user interface.
The location of the home directory depends on the standard folder for preferences for your user account on your operating system.
The easiest way to find the Taverna Home directory is from within Taverna:
- In Taverna's menu, click Advanced -> Show log folder
- A Windows explorer / Finder / Gnome File manager window should appear.
In Taverna 2.2.0 and earlier this menu entry is called "Show log folder" which shows the
Windows 7 / Vista
C:\Documents and Settings\johndoe\Application Data\taverna-2.3.0
Note that in Windows when browsing to this folder you might be required to enable Show system folders in Windows Explorer as the
Application Data folder is hidden. Alternatively you can click Windows click Start->Run and type
%APPDATA% into the text box to open the folder.
The content of the home directory varies with which plugins you have used in Taverna, but would typically include:
Preferences, layout settings, recent workflows, etc
Preferences for the Tool activity
Internal log files written by Taverna (not workflow logs)
Cache of BioMoby 's service ontology
Installed plugins and plugin sites
Response to Registration dialogue
JARs of downloaded plugins and updates
Encrypted password and certificate store for credential manager
Database of workflow values and provenance
When Taverna last checked for available updates
Temporary files, ie. workflow runs to be deleted from database
Taverna support might occasionally advise you to delete or edit some or all of these files if an error has occurred. This would reset your Taverna installation to the factory installation. You will normally need to quit Taverna first to avoid locked files.
- If a plugin won't install or load properly, try deleting
repositoryto start again
- If BioMoby is not finding Moby Objects, try deleting
- If you have forgotten your Credential Manager master password, delete
- If Taverna fails to load previous runs or start a new run, try deleting
- If Taverna can't make any network connections because of a proxy settings, try deleting