- * Day: Tuesday, 5th August 2008
- Time: 10.00
- Room: Atlas 2
|Table of Contents|
Carole, BharatiBharathi, Stuart, MarcoAlan, Marco
Attending and Minuting
Attending: Jits, Stian, Paolo, David, Ian, Franck, Alex, Constantinos, Sergey, Paul Paul
Actions from Previous Meeting
OMII Operations and Management
- No updates.
Report back/Upcoming from Team A
- Lilly project is coming to the end of Phase 1, need to organise integration testing.
- Need to find at least 2 workflows of reasonable complexity for the 3rd Provenance Challenge. This work to be done with Paul.
Report back/Upcoming from Team B
- Paper for e-Science 2008 has been submitted. This is a good documentation for myExperiment.
- OAuth support implemented for myExperiment.
- Is working on the support of different types of workflows for myExperiment. Initially that is to have options to: either "try to infer metadate from workflow file" or "set all metadata manually and upload preview file".
- myExperiment release this week - this is to contain a lot of user-requested features.
- Design-a-thon at EBI in Cambridge:
- Explaining what is myExperiment all about;
- Investigating where does myExperiment fit in for BioCatalogue project.
- Possible opportunity to refactor / rewrite and improve some of myExperiment codebase to suit better requirements of BioCatalogue.
- worked with Kylie on the submission paper for Microsoft conference.
Report back/Upcoming from Team C
- T2 work mainly: testing, bug-fixes;
- some GUI work for T2;
- mainly T2 work;
Report back/Upcoming from Team Frog
- myGrid website is up and running
Report back/Upcoming from Training, Outreach and Curation
- looked at the R-Shell in Taverna; need to get T2 working with the latest version of this shell;
- looked at Lilly web-services and needs to speak to Paolo about this;
Report back/Upcoming from BioAssist
Upcoming Milestones/Cross Team Scheduling Issues
- T2 release scheduled for next Monday
- 12th September - end of Phase 1 for Lilly project
Support Hat and JIRA Review (alternate weeks)
T2 Process Discussion
- T2 testing, 2 bugs found
- serialization: one config bean was an XML element, which was not attached correctly to the right parent on successive executions (after the first one being correct);
- T2 won't like input ports that are not connected to anything
- Work on error-reporting;
- Speed problems with Derby (gets slower on each run, even logging off and on again won't help);
- things are going well, next beta release scheduled for next Monday;
Any Other Business (AOB)
Minuting for the Next Meeting
- All: to make travel arrangements for OMII F2F meeting in Edinburgh
- Jits: to send Constantinos details of the required merchandise
- Paolo: to send requirements to Paul about selection of workflows for 3rd Provenance Challenge
- Stian: to assign to Alex several T2 bugs for fixing and improving API understanding
- Franck: to set up Jira task for T2 working fine with R-Shell
Previous meeting: 2008-08-05