Please read the notes in the above photos when reading the minutes below
|Table of Contents|
- Standup and make a mark - update white boards for Taverna Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amongst the relevant people)
- All read what has been written (note down relevant questions or annotate white board with any relevant questions)
- Quick round table to report particular success, blockers, questions and who you are planning on talking to about what (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or to nebulous)
- Research (relevant to Taverna Active List but not being strict)
- Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to Taverna Active Lists - standing items at all meta-meetings
- Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)
- Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time
Attending and minuting
- Attending: Jits, Stian, David, Paul, Christian, Alex, Katy, Rob, Anja, Donal, Carole, Alan, Peter, Shoaib, Kostas (some comms over Skpe)
- Minuting: Shoaib
Actions from previous meeting (5 min)
- Paul/Ian - look at next gen sequencing video editing, Paul to write commentary script for ECCB video.
- Paul/Rob - IMG Seminar on App4Andy - Science and Technology of.
- Shoaib/Donal/Stian/Marco - Taverna everywhere paper for SSDBM 2011.
- Paul - paper for ISMB 2011, deadline for the Technology track is April 29th 2011.
- Paul - Taverna Demo ISMB January 2011 is the demo deadline for ISMB 2011
- Donal - setup meeting about workflow event listeners. (David, Stian, Donal, Alan).
- Donal - specify the API for copying/reusing data from previous runs and what is necessary to be kept client-side (if want to run a different workflow with same input, or outputs from previous) put on wiki and link to a jira task - producing a strawman is a first task.
- Donal - report the waking-up bug to Apache CXF project and hack a work-around.
- Shoaib - follow up with John about setting up Eucalyptus - ping John/Matt/Mike Jones.
- Jits/Rishi/Steve/* - meet to discuss (and come to a working decision) on visualising iterators after Tav 3 preview release.
- Peter: meet with Jits and Stian re: SageCite use case for the Workflow4Ever project.
- Jits and Alan to look at Donal's ideas.
- Shoaib to talk with Carole on the future of provanance in Taverna. -done
- Jits and Alan to look at Donal's ideas for registry plugin.
- Peter to meet with Jits and Stian re: SageCite use case for the Workflow4Ever project.
- Shoaib add WF4EVER and SCAPE to TAL - done
Taverna Active List (board pens at the ready !)
T2 server client libraries
Next Generation Workbench
BioCatalogue, myExperiment, etc plugins
Action - meeting with Donal and Alex to do integration
Money available - Action - Shoaib to send Carole details.
Peter to send toxicology talk to Alan and Alex - position paper
Peter to ask Paul Dobson molecular open source conferance
Andrea working with Ian Cottam to integrate Condor Cluster into App4Andy Condor Cluster
AOT (Any Other Taverna)
Harry Knoyes awarded grant for a student working on try in humans (Paul on application) Andy working out whether students comes to manchester
Action - Sean to meet Stian about MSC Funding (Carole says not urgent) - semantics in Taverna
Research (5 min)
Khalid commented on IMPACT draft paper - Clemens aware and has been advised of venues
Outreach and training (5 min)
Events and funding news (5 min)
TSB was funded; we are now in political negotiation phase - Shoaib to go swindon meeting 02/02/2011
Any other business (10 min)
Minuting for the next meeting
- we really need a different photography/Skype person as this detracts from the minute taking
New actions (including who needs to meet whom about what for ticking off next week)
Action - Donal and Alex to meet about Integrating the server and security
Action - Shoaib to report back from TSB kick-off meeting
Action - Sean to meet Stian about MSC Funding (not urgent) - semantics in Taverna in Taverna
Action - Peter to send toxicology talk to Alan and Alex
Action - Shoaib to put together monthly meeting agenda for the Technology/Project presentations (first one will be on Code review tools from Atlassian and GitHub)