Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.
Comment: Migrated to Confluence 4.0

Meeting agenda/minutes

Gallery
titleWhiteboards from todays meeting
sortname

Please read the notes in the above photos when reading the minutes below

Table of Contents

Apologies

Agenda

  1. Actions
  1. Standup and make a mark - update white boards for Taverna Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amongst the relevant people)
  2. All read what has been written (note down relevant questions or annotate white board with any relevant questions)
  3. Quick round table to report particular success, blockers, questions and who you are planning on talking to about what (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or to nebulous)
  4. Research (relevant to Taverna Active List but not being strict)
  5. Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to Taverna Active Lists - standing items at all meta-meetings
  6. Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)
  7. Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time

Attending and minuting

  • Attending: Stian, David, Paul, Christian, Alex, Katy, Rob, Anja, Donal, Alan, Shoaib, Shaun, Rishi, Manolis, Marco
  • Minuting: David

Actions from previous meeting (5 min)

  • Paul/Ian - look at next gen sequencing video editing, Paul to write commentary script for ECCB video.
  • Paul/Rob - IMG Seminar on App4Andy - Science and Technology of.
  • Shoaib/Donal/Stian/Marco - Taverna everywhere paper for SSDBM 2011.
  • Paul - paper for ISMB 2011, deadline for the Technology track is April 29th 2011.
  • Paul - Taverna Demo ISMB January 2011 is the demo deadline for ISMB 2011
  • Donal - setup meeting about workflow event listeners. (David, Stian, Donal, Alan). Done
  • Donal - specify the API for copying/reusing data from previous runs and what is necessary to be kept client-side (if want to run a different workflow with same input, or outputs from previous) put on wiki and link to a jira task - producing a strawman is a first task.
  • Donal - report the waking-up bug to Apache CXF project and hack a work-around.
  • Shoaib - follow up with John about setting up Eucalyptus - ping John/Matt/Mike Jones.
  • Jits/Rishi/Steve/* - meet to discuss (and come to a working decision) on visualising iterators after Tav 3 preview release.
  • Peter: meet with Jits and Stian re: SageCite use case for the Workflow4Ever project.
  • Jits and Alan to look at Donal's ideas for registry plugin - Alan to link to Jira Issue
  • Donal and Alex to meet about Integrating the server and security Done
  • Shoaib to report back from TSB kick-off meeting
  • Sean to meet Stian about MSC Funding (not urgent) - semantics in Taverna Done
  • Peter to send toxicology talk to Alan and Alex
  • Shoaib to put together monthly meeting agenda for the Technology/Project presentations (first one will be on Code review tools from Atlassian and GitHub)



Taverna Active List (board pens at the ready !)

Taverna 2.x

Shoaib : What is the Taverna 2.3 release date.

Alan : Early March

ACTIONShoaib to arrange a meeting to discuss Taverna 2.3 release date

T2 server client libraries

Next Generation Workbench

Components Library

BioCatalogue, myExperiment, etc plugins

Server

Platform/OSGifications

Portal Library

Neiss

ChemTaverna

App4Andy

Ondex

e-Lico

e-Galaxy

  • Kostas has done some work on a NGS pipeline in Galaxy. The idea was to have two inputs for a gene expression interpretation workflow that student Dennis is working on: microarray input from Taverna, NGS from Galaxy itself. Unfortunately, the NGS pipeline we planned to use in Galaxy is in a version that will take Kostas much effort to get working (lots of bioinformatics tweaks necessary). A new version of the pipeline will not appear before three months.
  • He has also submitted an abstract for the Integrative Bioinformatics Workshop in Wageningen.
  • He presented his work for Belgian Bioinformaticians (the Belgian NBIC).
  • Our aim is to have this as one of the features on myExperiment: 'convert to Galaxy'; Don cs are aware of this.
  • The next step is to have myExperiment available in Galaxy, but this requires Galaxy to allow dynamic upload of tools. Our plan is to wait until this is supported by the core Galaxy team; we don't want to fork just yet. Note: it is more wrapping, than conversion, and it requires access to a Taverna server installation.

HELIO

Eagle KTA

ACTION - Shoaib contact Abel to arrange a meeting about KTA next steps.

wf4ever

SCAPE

AOT (Any Other Taverna)

ACTION - Alan to arrange a meeting about Taverna reference mechanism

MSc projects

Shaun introduced Manolis who will be working on a Taverna related project.

Research (5 min)

Outreach and training (5 min)

Katy: Presenting Sysmo, Taverna & systems biology posters at Dynamics of Disease workshop in MIB on 17 February

Events and funding news (5 min)

Any other business (10 min)

Shoaib : There will be a meeting in mid March to discuss how new projects will impact Taverna priorities, also to discuss GMOD.

ACTION - Shoiab to send notice about 'tacking stock' meeting in mid March.

Shoaib : TSB post-offer meeting - lots of documentation - expecting an updated offer letter soon. Eagle keen on using eHive - Katy is not so keen.

Marco : I have chatted with Don Cruickshank about low threshold human curation of workflows in myexperiment. Before we can do fancy automatic things, but even then, I would like Alan, Paul, Dennis etc. to be able to tick: this workflow worked for me/this did not work for me, and a notification to the owner of the workflow. I would like to have this simple option for anyone registered, not a selected group of curators (coverage too low). This has been a major hurdle for Dennis and Kostas.

Minuting for the next meeting

  • Rishi

New actions (including who needs to meet whom about what for ticking off next week)

Shoaib contact Abel to arrange a meeting about KTA next steps.

Shoiab to send notice about 'tacking stock' meeting in mid March.

Shoaib  to arrange a meeting to discuss Taverna 2.3 release date

Alan to arrange a meeting about Taverna reference mechanism