This document relates to the release of Taverna Server that is based on the Taverna 2.3 Platform, from the myGrid team at the University of Manchester.
- About Taverna Server 2.3
- Installation and Configuration of Taverna Server
- Using Taverna Server
- Managing Taverna Server
This release is a feature-complete version of the Taverna 2 Server that is provided as a basis for deployments of server-ized Taverna in a multi-user environment.
In addition to its improved performance, this release supports a number of new key features:
- Based on Taverna 2.3
- Multiple users, with strong separation between them.
- Limited persistence over service restarts, depending on exact deployment.
- Workflow run introspection capabilities; clients can ask the server what inputs they should supply and what outputs were provided.
- Workflow run termination notifications through multiple mechanisms (RSS feed, email, SMS, twitter, etc. depending on deployment).
- Security, both of access to the service and access by the workflow runs to other services.
- Administrative REST interface including resource accounting
- Streaming of large files both for download and upload.
This is in addition to the features supported by the previous version of Taverna 2 Server:
- Upload and Execution of arbitrary Taverna 2 workflows
- Access to Workflow's Interim Output Files; no need to wait for the workflow to finish if the results are available sooner
- Safe File Management for handling results; workflows cannot interfere with each others files
- Simple mechanism for Removal of Expired Workflows
- Support for both RESTful and SOAP APIs, for easier tooling
- JMX-based Management API
There remain a number of known-missing features; notably these include access to:
- Provenance Database
- Workflow Execution Model