- The string representation of a T2Reference (currently a supposed URI) must be unique
- The URIs (if they are kept) for the T2Reference must comply with IANA norms
- Data must not be lost when Taverna is closed (except by explicit user choice). If the data for a run is not saved, then the data for the provenance (if generated) of that run can, and probably should, be deleted. Data saving could be the default or by the user explicitly archiving the data.
- The string representation of a T2Reference (currently a URI) should preferably be of a form so that the workflow and the run can be readily determined. (This does not necessarily imply they are within the representation.)
- The data for a run must be accessible in the absence of a running Taverna.
- the ReferenceService could be available stand-alone outside Taverna
- the data could be kept (or archived) in a way that is not dependent upon ReferenceService (LSID?)
- What about loading/viewing a previous run?
- The preferred/original data type must be determinable. Possibly from the T2Reference.
- It could be stored with the data
- It could be part of the URI