Please read the notes in the whiteboard photos when reading the minutes below
- Meeting agenda/minutes
1. Intro to how this will work (a few iterations to get this right)
2. Standup and make a mark - update white boards for e-Lab Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amonst the relevant people) (doing this before 3 saves times as people trickle into the meeting and start putting up their updates)
3. All read what has been written (note down relevant questions)
4. Actions (all e-Lab relevant ones merged, reporting back from meetings derived from previous meta-meetings as actions is OK; please say it happened and the current working understanding - no elaborate details - as this would need another meeting)
5. Quick round table:
- Particular success
- Please state under which heading the update should be minuted
- Blockers (needed to identify who you need to talk/meet to/with for resolution)
- pertinent questions about what is written on the white board (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or too nebulous)
- Any planned ad-hocs not already on the actions list
- Just read what is written on the white board
- Start discussion the solution (unless very simple) instead of the problem - as often the solution will need an ad-hoc discussion with relevent parties
6. Research (any relevant research - e-Lab or Taverna)
7. Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to e-Lab Active List - standing items at all meta-meetings
8. Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)
9. Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time
Attending and minuting
- Attending: Shoaib, Christian, Donal, Alistair, Ian, Khalid, Matthew, Sean, Carole
- (and via Skype:) Katy, Alex, Don, David de Roure, Stian, Kostas
- Minuting: Donal
Actions from previous meeting (10 mins)
|There are no images attached to this page.|
Stian: Created training calendar; skype him your google account email address to be added
Khalid: Noting the Poznan plenary (OpenPhacts)
Shoaib: Should sagecite be standing item?
To be removed from regular list.
Dave: Thanks for people who helped last tuesday.
Organizing monthly coming up.
Alistair: On a working group relating to ORCID, funded by openphacts
Donal: Server is virtually done; just tidying documentation
Carole: Sysmo report, quad booked, fitter! Jits has left. Manny called.
Galaxy must be on list; important, but not urgent.
Talked Paolo into leading EU-US concertation action on Scientific e-Infrastructure.
Job descriptions need to be done.
Kostas: Will contact Casey Bergman about use case.