Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version. Compare with Current ·  View Page History

Meeting agenda/minutes

Please read the notes in the above photos when reading the minutes below

Apologies

Agenda

1. Intro to how this will work (a few iterations to get this right)

2. Actions (all Taverna relevant ones merged)

3. Standup and make a mark - update white boards for Taverna Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amonst the relevant people)

4. All read what has been written (note down relevant questions)

5. Quick round table to report particular success, blockers, questions and who you are planning on talking to about what (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or to nebulous)

6. Research (relevatn to Taverna Active List but not being strict)

7. Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to Taverna Active Lists - standing items at all meta-meetings

8. Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)

9. Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time

Attending and minuting

  • Attending: Shoaib, Peter, Alan, David, Stuart, Donal, Anja, Rishi, Alex, Katy, Christian, Stian, Jits, Rob
  • Minuting: Peter

Actions from previous meeting (5 min)

  • Paul/Ian - look at next gen sequencing video editing, Paul to write commentary script for ECCB video. Ongoing - Paul and Ian not present
  • Paul/Rob - IMG Seminar on App4Andy - Science and Technology of. Ongoing - needs to be arranged and given.
  • Shoaib/Donal/Stian/Marco - Taverna everywhere paper for SSDBM 2011. Ongoing - Marco not present to provide update.
  • Paul - paper for ISMB 2011, deadline for the Technology track is April 29th 2011. Ongoing - Paul not present.
  • Paul - Taverna Demo ISMB January 2011 is the demo deadline for ISMB 2011. Ongoing - Paul not present.
  • Donal - setup meeting about workflow event listeners. (David, Stian, Donal, Alan). Not done
  • Donal - specify the API for copying/reusing data from previous runs and what is necessary to be kept client-side (if want to run a different workflow with same input, or outputs from previous) put on wiki and link to a jira task - producing a strawman is a first task. Not done
  • Donal - report the waking-up bug to Apache CXF project and hack a work-around. Not done
  • Jits - post information about the component model to the wiki for comment. Done
  • Shoaib - follow up with John about setting up Eucalyptus - ping John/Matt/Mike Jones. Not done
  • All - to comment on wiki page Dekalog - limited to 4 most likely. Completed
  • Jits - to check when Taverna 1 workflows were uploaded. Done
  • Alex - add links to and refactor the Roadmap page. Done
  • Alan - re work of external tool template service incorporating comments from Alex. In progress - remove from action list
  • Jits/Rishi/Steve/* - meet to discuss (and come to a working decision) on visualising iterators after Tav 3 preview release. Not done

Taverna Active List (board pens at the ready !)

Taverna 2.x

  • Alex: Viewers for PDF and HTML released in Taverna 2.2 and for Taverna 2.3 in the future.
  • Stian: First draft of Scufl2 released for use by platform and next generation workbench.
  • David: Would like to improve and optimise the efficiency of list handling in workflows.
  • Stian: There are a number of API and implementation issues with the handling of provenance in Taverna. ACTION - Shoaib to talk with Carole on the future of provanance in Taverna.
  • Alan: Working on issues with the External Tool Activity

T2 server client libraries

Rob: Ruby client library released and in use. Working Java client library.

Next Generation Workbench

  • Jits: Need to sync with Stian and David on a number of issues including the use of Scufl2.
  • Rishi: Ongoing work in the canvas then will look into drag and drop, and instantiated diagram elements in the canvas.

Components Library

  • Jits: Will have an interface for users to play with in 2-3 weeks. Need users to build components so will email Kary and Peter for their input.

BioCatalogue, myExperiment, etc plugins

  • Alex: BioCatalogue plugin still being worked on for Taverna 2.3 release.
  • David: Will be releasing a SequenceFileReader plugin.

Server

Platform/OSGifications

David: Needs to co-ordinate work with Stian who will be on leave from 24th February for 2 or more weeks. Will be looking into monitoring and intermediate data issues.

Portal Library

Neiss

  • Alex: F2F meeting in Leeds this week. Polishing social simulation workflows.

ChemTaverna

  • Peter: Cleaned up code for PDF viewer and HTML web browser viewer plugins. Code given to Alex for release in Taverna 2.2 and 2.3.
  • Peter: Rest of time working on SageCite. ACTION - meet with Jits and Stian re: SageCite use case for the Workflow4Ever project.

App4Andy

Rob: Performed cow and buffalo analyses using latest scripts. Needs to meet with the science team to finalise what they want to do. Also, planning to write a paper for SSDBM on the App4Andy work.

Ondex

Christian: Need to decide whether to use Taverna Server or the command line interface for running workflows. Alex says use the Server.

e-Lico

Rishi: Working with Simon Jupp. Also using James Eales text mining workflow.

e-Galaxy

HELIO

Anja: Working on a new web service and continuing on data model.
Donal: Working on REST API for security. Will commit code later today. Needs someone to comment on registry pluin ideas - ACTION on Jits and Alan to look at Donal's ideas. There are plans by the Swiss partners on the HELIO project to link myExperiment with the HELIO front end.

Eagle KTA

Shoaib: Will report on this next week.

AOT (Any Other Taverna)

MSc projects

Research (5 min)

Stian: Working with Paolo on supervising a MSc project student on provenance. Also, assisting with another MSc project on guided workflow design.

Outreach and training (5 min)

Katy: Will be giving a free Taverna lecture and tutorial at Cranfield University. Writing up the Taverna for Omics poster as a paper for Briefings in Bioinformatics.

Events and funding news (5 min)

Stuart: One of Peter's systems biology workflows doesn't work. Peter will check and debug workflow.
Shoaib: TSB proposal was submitted. OpenPhacts appears to have been approved. Also, plans to submit TSB proposal with Biotronics 3D.

Any other business (10 min)

Alan: requires a Linux volunteer to go with him to a meeting in Lubeck, Germany.

Minuting for the next meeting

  • Stian

New actions (including who needs to meet whom about what for ticking off next week)

  • ACTION - Shoaib to talk with Carole on the future of provanance in Taverna.
  • ACTION - Jits and Alan to look at Donal's ideas for registry plugin.
  • ACTION - Peter to meet with Jits and Stian re: SageCite use case for the Workflow4Ever project.
Labels
  • None