Configuration of a tool service brings up a dialog in which you can change what commands or scripts are run, how the data input into the tool service relates to the commands, and also where the tool is to be run.
Template tool services
The initial tab shown for template tool services will be the main command tab.
For many tool services the following configuration steps are sufficient.
- Type the commands you want to run into the text area of the command tab.
- If you want parts of the command to be replaced by data that will be input to a call of the service, then use a string replacement.
- If you want the command to read data from a file and the file needs to contain data input to a call of the service, then use a file input.
- If you want to return data written to a file, then use a file output.
- If you want to use the standard input, output and error streams, then make sure the correct boxes in the command tab are ticked.
- In the location tab, select where you want the tool to be run. Manage the locations if you need to specify or change a location.
Tool services from a registry
For tool services described in a registry, the initial tab will be the location tab.
The only configuration required is: