- * Day: Tuesday, 5th August 2008
- Time: 10.00
- Room: Atlas 2
Carole, Bharathi, Stuart, Alan, Marco
Attending and Minuting
Attending: Jits, Stian, Paolo, David, Ian, Franck, Alex, Constantinos, Paul
Actions from Previous Meeting
- Paul: to talk to David regarding out of memory problems. ONGOING
- Alan- To look into T2 documentation user manual section header - thought about options, need to write it all up. ONGOING
- All : Register for F2F at http://www.nesc.ac.uk/esi/events/906/ DONE, except for Franck
- Alan : put Jits' BOSC talk on website. DONE
- Katy: send Alan her presentations and check Carole's presentations from her talks. ONGOING
- Stuart : Check agenda for All-Hands to see if a developer side meeting can be arranged - clarified. ONGOING
- Jits: speak to Constantinos about getting more memory sticks and shirts (both for AHM and ECCB, so increase the amounts). DONE
OMII Operations and Management
Report back/Upcoming from Team A
- Lilly project is coming to the end of Phase 1, need to organise integration testing.
- Need to find at least 2 workflows of reasonable complexity for the 3rd Provenance Challenge. This work to be done with Paul.
Report back/Upcoming from Team B
- Paper for e-Science 2008 has been submitted. This is a good documentation for myExperiment.
- OAuth support implemented for myExperiment.
- Is working on the support of different types of workflows for myExperiment. Initially that is to have options to: either "try to infer metadate from workflow file" or "set all metadata manually and upload preview file".
- myExperiment release this week - this is to contain a lot of user-requested features.
- Design-a-thon at EBI in Cambridge:
- Explaining what is myExperiment all about;
- Investigating where does myExperiment fit in for BioCatalogue project.
- Possible opportunity to refactor / rewrite and improve some of myExperiment codebase to suit better requirements of BioCatalogue.
- worked with Kylie on the submission paper for Microsoft conference.
Report back/Upcoming from Team C
- T2 work mainly: testing, bug-fixes;
Report back/Upcoming from Team Frog
- myGrid website is up and running
Report back/Upcoming from Training, Outreach and Curation
- looked at the R-Shell in Taverna; need to get T2 working with the latest version of this shell;
- looked at Lilly web-services and needs to speak to Paolo about this;
Report back/Upcoming from BioAssist
Round-table from Floating Team Members
Upcoming Milestones/Cross Team Scheduling Issues
- T2 release scheduled for next Monday
- 12th September - end of Phase 1 for Lilly project
Support Hat and JIRA Review (alternate weeks)
T2 Process Discussion
- T2 testing, 2 bugs found
- serialization: one config bean was an XML element, which was not attached correctly to the right parent on successive executions (after the first one being correct);
- T2 won't like input ports that are not connected to anything
- Work on error-reporting;
- Speed problems with Derby (gets slower on each run, even logging off and on again won't help);
- things are going well, next beta release scheduled for next Monday;
Any Other Business (AOB)
Minuting for the Next Meeting
- All: to make travel arrangements for OMII F2F meeting in Edinburgh
- Jits: to send Constantinos details of the required merchandise
- Paolo: to send requirements to Paul about selection of workflows for 3rd Provenance Challenge
- Stian: to assign to Alex several T2 bugs for fixing and improving API understanding
- Franck: to set up Jira task for T2 working fine with R-Shell
Previous meeting: 2008-08-05
Next meeting: 2008-08-19
(Remember to create the next meeting page and copy over the actions. Go to myGrid meetings and do
Add Content ->
Add Page. If you create it by clicking from here then the this page will be the parent and the new page won't be listed from myGrid meetings. If that's the case, you can click
Edit next to the Location to change the parent to myGrid meetings.)