Meeting agenda/minutes

Please read the notes in the above photos when reading the minutes below

Apologies

Agenda

1. Intro to how this will work (a few iterations to get this right)

2. Actions (all Taverna relevant ones merged)

3. Standup and make a mark - update white boards for Taverna Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amonst the relevant people)

4. All read what has been written (note down relevant questions)

5. Quick round table to report particular success, blockers, questions and who you are planning on talking to about what (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or to nebulous)

6. Research (relevatn to Taverna Active List but not being strict)

7. Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to Taverna Active Lists - standing items at all meta-meetings

8. Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)

9. Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time

Attending and minuting

Actions from previous meeting (5 min)

Taverna Active List (board pens at the ready !)

Taverna 2.x

T2 server client libraries

Rob: Ruby client library released and in use. Working Java client library.

Next Generation Workbench

Components Library

BioCatalogue, myExperiment, etc plugins

Server

Platform/OSGifications

David: Needs to co-ordinate work with Stian who will be on leave from 24th February for 2 or more weeks. Will be looking into monitoring and intermediate data issues.

Portal Library

Neiss

ChemTaverna

App4Andy

Rob: Performed cow and buffalo analyses using latest scripts. Needs to meet with the science team to finalise what they want to do. Also, planning to write a paper for SSDBM on the App4Andy work.

Ondex

Christian: Need to decide whether to use Taverna Server or the command line interface for running workflows. Alex says use the Server.

e-Lico

Rishi: Working with Simon Jupp. Also using James Eales text mining workflow.

e-Galaxy

HELIO

Anja: Working on a new web service and continuing on data model.
Donal: Working on REST API for security. Will commit code later today. Needs someone to comment on registry pluin ideas - ACTION on Jits and Alan to look at Donal's ideas. There are plans by the Swiss partners on the HELIO project to link myExperiment with the HELIO front end.

Eagle KTA

Shoaib: Will report on this next week.

AOT (Any Other Taverna)

MSc projects

Research (5 min)

Stian: Working with Paolo on supervising a MSc project student on provenance. Also, assisting with another MSc project on guided workflow design.

Outreach and training (5 min)

Katy: Will be giving a free Taverna lecture and tutorial at Cranfield University. Writing up the Taverna for Omics poster as a paper for Briefings in Bioinformatics.

Events and funding news (5 min)

Stuart: One of Peter's systems biology workflows doesn't work. Peter will check and debug workflow.
Shoaib: TSB proposal was submitted. OpenPhacts appears to have been approved. Also, plans to submit TSB proposal with Biotronics 3D.

Any other business (10 min)

Alan: requires a Linux volunteer to go with him to a meeting in Lubeck, Germany.

Minuting for the next meeting

New actions (including who needs to meet whom about what for ticking off next week)