Meeting agenda/minutes

Please read the notes in the above photos when reading the minutes below

Apologies

Agenda

  1. Actions
  1. Standup and make a mark - update white boards for Taverna Active List topics - (feel free to change who does this amongst the relevant people)
  2. All read what has been written (note down relevant questions or annotate white board with any relevant questions)
  3. Quick round table to report particular success, blockers, questions and who you are planning on talking to about what (please use judgement so topic is not too fine grained or to nebulous)
  4. Research (relevant to Taverna Active List but not being strict)
  5. Outreach/Events/Funding - not limited to Taverna Active Lists - standing items at all meta-meetings
  6. Any Other Business (Technology demos now once a Month not after each meeting at some yet to be decided regular slot)
  7. Minuting & Photography (of white board) for next time

Attending and minuting

Actions from previous meeting (5 min)

Taverna Active List (board pens at the ready !)

Taverna 2.x

Shoaib : What is the Taverna 2.3 release date.

Alan : Early March

ACTIONShoaib to arrange a meeting to discuss Taverna 2.3 release date

T2 server client libraries

Next Generation Workbench

Components Library

BioCatalogue, myExperiment, etc plugins

Server

Platform/OSGifications

Portal Library

Neiss

ChemTaverna

App4Andy

Ondex

e-Lico

e-Galaxy

HELIO

Eagle KTA

ACTION - Shoaib contact Abel to arrange a meeting about KTA next steps.

wf4ever

SCAPE

AOT (Any Other Taverna)

ACTION - Alan to arrange a meeting about Taverna reference mechanism

MSc projects

Shaun introduced Manolis who will be working on a Taverna related project.

Research (5 min)

Outreach and training (5 min)

Katy: Presenting Sysmo, Taverna & systems biology posters at Dynamics of Disease workshop in MIB on 17 February

Events and funding news (5 min)

Any other business (10 min)

Shoaib : There will be a meeting in mid March to discuss how new projects will impact Taverna priorities, also to discuss GMOD.

ACTION - Shoiab to send notice about 'tacking stock' meeting in mid March.

Shoaib : TSB post-offer meeting - lots of documentation - expecting an updated offer letter soon. Eagle keen on using eHive - Katy is not so keen.

Marco : I have chatted with Don Cruickshank about low threshold human curation of workflows in myexperiment. Before we can do fancy automatic things, but even then, I would like Alan, Paul, Dennis etc. to be able to tick: this workflow worked for me/this did not work for me, and a notification to the owner of the workflow. I would like to have this simple option for anyone registered, not a selected group of curators (coverage too low). This has been a major hurdle for Dennis and Kostas.

Minuting for the next meeting

New actions (including who needs to meet whom about what for ticking off next week)

Shoaib contact Abel to arrange a meeting about KTA next steps.

Shoiab to send notice about 'tacking stock' meeting in mid March.

Shoaib  to arrange a meeting to discuss Taverna 2.3 release date

Alan to arrange a meeting about Taverna reference mechanism